Full of DCU, ranting, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Supernatural. Often NSFW
I actually don’t know! I should probably at least post a link there to my A03 account. I might do that at the weekend. :)
I’m really sick of every story being based on who the character’s father’s was and their side of the family. Not to mention stories that completely ruin good people in order to force some sort of “dark secret” into their narrative.
Imagine, if you will, a better backstory to the Court of Owls arc.
Imagine the woman who will become Dick Grayson’s mother.
Imagine Mary being told that she will continue the line of Talons for the Court, that her future children will be their assassins.
Imagine Mary has been told this all her life.
Imagine Mary realizing that she’s really not OK with this.
Imagine Mary meeting a man who fascinates her, who works in a circus, who’s always moving.
Imagine Mary running away with him, warning him that, for reasons she can’t tell him, they’re never having children.
Imagine Mary worrying those first two years with him that her family will find them.
Imagine Mary’s constant tension every tour through Gotham, always searching for some sign that they’re watching her.
Imagine Mary, after a few more years of marriage and no sign of her family (maybe she’s even been banished? Oh, she could only hope!), that she wants a child, to hell with her family’s “plans” for them.
Imagine Mary’s delight when no one shows up to steal her baby away from her.
Imagine Mary’s fear when they return to Gotham when Dick is a child and she sees one of the Court’s personal criminals threatening Pop Haly, and she knows it’s for her boy.
Imagine Mary planning to take her family on the run right after their performance.
Imagine Mary’s horror when her rope breaks and she realizes the Court is punishing her, that they’ll take her son once she’s unable to watch out for him.
Imagine Mary blessing Bruce from beyond the grave for taking in her boy, for raising him well, for loving him, for keeping him safe.
Imagine Mary Grayson being more than fucking decoration and pathos for her men.
Thank you anon :)
Purple: 10 facts about my room
1. Its always kind of a mess
2. 80% of the wall space is full of book shelves. There are a lot of books.
3. There are rather a lot of comics too
4. I don’t have any heating so in winter I have to make a nest of blankets and wear a jumper to bed. I don’t actually dislike it being cold, as long as I am warm in bed.
5. I have a lot of note books and bits of paper
6. actually, I just have a lot of random crap
7. the light in the celling doesn’t work, so I have 5 table lamps strategically placed around the room. I like the effect.
8. there is a persistent leak in the roof
9. it seems my room sounds a lot worse on paper than it actually is! It is really quite comfortable.
10. This monster sometimes shares my bed:
Orange: 6 facts about my home town.
1. My home town is London, UK
2. my local area is pretty multicultural and the local supermarkets have lots of exciting food stuffs. great for learning how to cook new things!
3. there is a family of foxes living in next doors garden. they are there every year. There are a hell of a lot of urban foxes in London!
4. Wikipedia tells me that over 300 languages are spoken here - that is pretty awesome! [although I can only speak one of them fluently, which is less awesome]
5. I have just spent a hour reading about London on Wiki - I am astonished at how little I know about my own city!
6. Here is a picture. It rains a lot here.
Pink: 4 facts about my parents.
1. My father comes from a tiny Welsh mining village.
2. My mother’s parents fled Europe in the late 30’s and she was born in London’s East End [a bona fide cockney :p]
3. both of them are addicted to Mario Kart and take great pleasure in trying to sabotage each other
4. They are both a little odd. Most people think my father is weirder because of his habit of inventing ‘useful’ things and collecting random and disturbing objects. But my mum is definitely the stranger of the two, she is just more subtle about it.